Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Power

Power is a funny thing. The older you get, the more important it is to you...trust me. I'm talking about the power to control your own life - what you do during the day - your future. There is a long dissertation I have on power but let's cut right to what matters: How do I get "the power"? Folks who are among the best at what they do in their particular field seem to have most of the power. Consider actors, athletes, real estate sales, IT, etc...

Make no mistake, the CCIE translates into power in the IT world as it is one of the, if not the, most sought after certifications year after year. And now that I'm in the big middle of trying to pass the R&S lab exam, I know why. It's ROUGH that's why. And so it goes, you can sit idly by and let others dictate your life (think Office Space except not really funny) or you can do something about your station in life. It starts with a commitment and taking that first step. Like the song says, I always thought you should live everyday like you were dying causese guess what.....

I'll be writing on Rodney's blog from time to time. Now its time to shut up and study.

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment